Thursday, May 3, 2018

Rishikesh - White water rafting

Rishikesh a city in Dehradun district. Located in the foothills of the Himalayas in northern India, it is known as the 'Yoga Capital of the World'.


It has been a great journey to visit Rishikesh. It was my first rafting experience. I had hell lot of fun although it was just a 2 day trip. The experience is for lifetime.
Without further wait let me start with the trip guide.

Delhi to Rishikesh, its just 7-8 hours. There are AC buses and NON AC buses from ISBT Kashmeri gate in every hour and one can go by road trip too. The road through out the journey are good.


Day 1

I started my journey around 8 in the morning, and get into AC bus at 10:00. To pass my time I carried a novel with me. The bus journey was not that great as it was summer time and my bus stuck into traffic, & novel help me to ignore the background. 

After around 120km, bus stop for refreshments and lunch at
Fortune Grand - This place is a multi-restaurant property. List of Restaurants ;-
Sagar Ratna, Ben’s Burger, Flavours, Baskin Robins, Tea Cafe, Paan & Cigarette Shop.

Here I had dosa and coke. 
There are many other option on highway NH-58 are Namastey midway, Cheetal grand, Bikanerwala, Pizza hut, Jain shikaji and many more.
Journey begins after a short meal. From there till haridwar I had a good sleep. Haridwar, A peaceful beauty, Hills all around & greenery. The more we go up  more weather becomes good. I enjoyed the scenery a lot. With a smile we reach rishikesh at 4 in evening. 
The clouds were all around there and the bus stop was not that crowded. I went up rishikesh for just rafting and wanted to return back. Straight I went to my rafting agent but the Ganges have different plan for me. That day due to weather conditions rafting was stopped early. Now i had to wait for next day. I hurried up and took a room at near by hotel. I just love hotel rooms 😍. 



After a long journey I was tired so quickly fresh n up, went to lakshman jhulla and ganga river side at 6:00 in evening. Saw the setting sun from river side is like dream come true. Came back to hotel at around 8:00 , ate dinner with some drinks & saw it was raining outside. What a fun night it was. Such a mesmerising view from my balcony. All rains and some drinks. After an hour I slept .

Day 2

I woke up at 10 in the morning. Fresh n up myself take a quick shower and went straight to my agent, rafting was yet to start at 11. So I quickly grabbed my breakfast and went ahead for rafting , agents take you to around 16 km down from Rishikesh to Shivpuri with other tourists, from where rafting would start. They take you by their own car and with all the equipment needed and obviously the guide.




So we reached there till 11:30 and walk till sea level. Then our rafts were alloted and guide's too. Guide's are quite cool, they tell us what to do & how to do. One raft consists of maximum 8 memers. For other information regardind the policy of rafting here is the link

Rishikesh Rafting

The experience of rafting was awesome. Its like you are controlling your life, the view was dream. Water all around with hills and brezze of nature. There were also some high rapids, where the fun doubles up as you feel like you will not survive and volia!! You are out of it. One must try rafting at rishikesh. The water of Ganga is also too clean n pure. Even they let you jump in still water. They also take a hault of 10 minutes for cliff jumping. The cliff jumping is all together a different level of adventure,In that you jump from hight of above 20 feets into water. I tried it for the first time and trust me its worth for experience.

While all this, I talk to the guide a lot (due to my talkative nature) , about rafting, rishikesh, his life & sort of things. This was also a different experience where u know about an unknown person and make him part of your book of life. Adding new characters in book is always fun.

The rafting duration is around 3 hours 30 minutes. In rishikesh there are long rafting also for around 5-6 hours. I was short of time so opt for the smallest one.

 After rafting I went straight to bus stand at around 4 in evening and the bus was all full. So was waiting for next bus to arrive, But luck was with me that day, An old couple was going to delhi by cab and they were finding someone to dutch with them, somehow I bumped into them and I got a relaxing travel in AC car at affordable price till Delhi. In between I had my lunch with uncle and aunty at Namastey Midway. And the beautiful couple also become a part of my book. 😍😊

I reached delhi by 11:30 at night.

This trip costed me around ₹5000 - ₹6000. 

Few important points to remember - :

  • The bus drivers are very punctual about the timing, they only set a timer of 30 minutes at restaurant so be quick. 
  • Stay only in just dial reviewed hotels as they are trustworthy. 
  • Don't carry anything expensive or lot of cash when going for rafting. Mobile & some cash is enough. 
  • If you have time do visit yoga center. 
  • Don't hide health conditions with guide. 
  • If traveling solo carry a small knife and some red chilli powder (you never know the situation) .


Stay tuned & explore the world 
congrats to the winners of giveaway ☺️🤗


1 comment:

Thanks 🙂

Mumbai - Mah dream city..

Hey!!  Hope you all are liking my blog , so on demand for travel post, I am here with my new experience.. Mumbai, this word was my fanta...